Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Prayer for Unity, Prayer for President

While not everyone is religious, I believe that most people can benefit from prayer as a means of self expression and even fueling positive outcomes to problems. I have been very impressed with the presidential prayer team's non-sectarian, non-partisan messages. I believe this is potentially a good starting place for unity. I think all Americans want our president to act according to his or her moral compass, even if there is plenty of disagreement about which way the compass should point. Prayer is a personal act that can be practiced collectively. Even if the person sitting or standing or kneeling next to me is praying for something completely different than I am, praying together builds mutual trust and respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home